GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) Compliance Policy
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
This website ParallaxMind.com is owned and operated by Solexus Health Systems. Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At ParallaxMind.com, we want to make your experience online satisfying, safe, and secure. You are our patron and we cherish your visit to our website.
Because we observe certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the collection and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
INFORMATION ParallaxMind.com GATHERS AND TRACKS
ParallaxMind.com may gather various types of information about user activity:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, to participate in our message boards, forums or blogs, to email a friend, and from participation in polls and surveys.
- Information ParallaxMind.com gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better structure our content to reader’s needs and to help our affiliates and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience. Because ParallaxMind.com occasionally earns revenue from sponsorships and affiliate advertisers such as Google Adsense ads displayed throughout our website, providing such aggregated demographic data is essential to keeping our information services free to users. Under no circumstances does ParallaxMind.com divulge, share, or sell any information about an individual user to a third party.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Solexus Health Systems/ParallaxMind.com may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
ParallaxMind.com Can Gather User Information In The Following Processes:
Optional Voluntary Information
We may offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
1. Electronic newsletters policy (Dispatches)
If ParallaxMind.com offers a free electronic newsletter to users. ParallaxMind.com gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page. Users can also subscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
2. Message boards/forums/blogs policy
Users of the site’s Message Boards and Forums must register separately for these services (both are free of charge) in order to post messages, although they needn’t register to visit the site. During registration the user is required to supply a username, password, and email address.
3. “E-mail To A Friend” policy
Our site users can choose to electronically forward a link, page, or documents to someone else by clicking “e-mail this to a friend”. The user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user. ParallaxMind.com may use a system to “tag” users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on a particular question. This tag is not correlated with information about individual users.
ParallaxMind.com may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our sponsors, advertisers and partners. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
ParallaxMind.com tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users, but rather as a collective aggregate gathering process. ParallaxMind.com does break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
ParallaxMind.com sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
ParallaxMind.com uses Google Analytics website tracking features we’ve implemented based on Display Advertising (e.g., Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, synchronized DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and website visitor Interest Reporting).
As a visitor of ParallaxMind.com, you have the right to opt out of your individual visitor tracking by changing your Ad Settings in your Google account if you have an account with Google. Using the Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
Since we’ve implemented Remarketing with Google Analytics, we use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise our products and services online.
Third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet. You may have found our site when searching on Google, or clicking a text or banner ad on a third party vendor website.
This is accomplished by, ParallaxMind.com and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our website. This is known as “Remarketing” based on a visitor’s previous interest.
ParallaxMind.com and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.
The use of visitor information may include data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as a visitor’s age, gender, and web browsing interests) gathered through Google Analytics data services.
USE OF INFORMATION
ParallaxMind.com uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in polls, surveys, message boards, and forums. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. ParallaxMind.com never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners unless specifically noted at the point and time of a specific sign-up to a specific offer.
When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we don’t track which terms a particular user enters.
ParallaxMind.com creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers, sponsors and partners. This allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent to their needs. Because we don’t track the usage patterns of individual users, an advertiser or sponsor will never know that a specific user clicked their ad. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION
ParallaxMind.com uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help our advertisers better understand our audience’s demographics. This is essential to keeping our service free. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
ParallaxMind.com operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall, captcha, and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Solexus Health Systems/ParallaxMind.com aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Solexus Health Systems/ParallaxMind.com relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive any electronic newsletters we may offer at any time.
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users
- Option to opt-out of any subscription or newsletter we may offer at any time.